[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.4.0 Release Candidate 1 binaries are available for download

Deij-van Rijswijk, Menno M.Deij at marin.nl
Tue May 16 03:04:06 EDT 2017

Hi Cory,

TL;DR: I have to manually configure that the high-performance NVidia card is used for ParaView to get rid of problems with the FXAA option.

I notice here that the default-ON option of FXAA is giving problems. When enabled, there is at the beginning a smaller black rectangle in the render view where the axes widget should be. When a 3D geometry is loaded and Apply is clicked, the view becomes totally black. Disabling FXAA will show the geometry without having to restart ParaView.

I have a laptop with an NVidia 840M and an integrated GPU (Intel HD 5500). I have to manually enable the NVidia card for ParaView to get rid of this behaviour, so it looks like the Intel card is at fault.

Interestingly, when the NVidia card is active I can also enable/disable an FXAA option in the NVidia control panel. When I enable it, the screen looks totally wrong, as if everything (menus, buttons, etc.) is anti-aliased.

Best wishes,

Menno Deij - van Rijswijk

dr. ir. Menno A. Deij-van Rijswijk  | Researcher / Software Engineer | Maritime Simulation & Software Group
MARIN | T +31 317 49 35 06 | mailto:M.Deij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl