[Paraview] Bug or feature?

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sat May 6 18:49:54 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am able to do a volume visualization for each component of a 3 component
array (i.e. a vector) of both point and cell data in PV 5.3. This was done
with a both a vtkImageData and a vtkUnstructuredGrid. Once I choose my 3
component array for volume rendering in the upper left corner of the GUI,
the default is the Magnitude but I can switch to each component as well
with the drop down dialog that is just to the right of where I choose which
array I want to pseudo-color by.

Any chance you could share your dataset and specific instructions on how
you're doing things? Alternatively, you can use the Calculator filter to
extract one component of your multi-component array but this is a bit
computationally wasteful.

Cheers,
Andy