[Paraview] Paraview segfault when connecting to pvserver

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Fri May 5 06:08:23 EDT 2017

Hi

Paraview 5.3 on the desktop client is from paraview superbuild
(v5.3.0-1-g8375204) using Qt5. It runs in standalone mode or with client/server
(mpirun -np 4 pvserver  --use-offscreen-rendering) on the same  PC. I have to
use  " --use-offscreen-rendering" to avoid some rendering problem with
client/server.

Paraview is compiled on a remote cluster with osmesa support, by hand (paraview
superbuild still fails at this time), it is v5.3.0-489-gdbdb86747e.

If I launch pvserver (mpirun -np 2 pvserver ) on the remote cluster and try to
connect from my PC, paraview segfault:

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMCompositeTreeDomain.cxx,
line 152
vtkSMCompositeTreeDomain (0x3bab180): Unrecognized mode: amr

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMCompositeTreeDomain.cxx,
line 152
vtkSMCompositeTreeDomain (0x46a0410): Unrecognized mode: amr

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 371
vtkPVSessionCore (0x20bba50): Object type: vtkPVRenderView, could not find
requested method: "SetPPI"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
   Argument 0 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPVRenderView (0x4e67aa0)}
   Argument 1 = string_value {SetPPI}
   Argument 2 = int32_value {96}

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 372
vtkPVSessionCore (0x20bba50): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

############ ABORT #############
ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxy.cxx,
line 570
vtkSIProxy (0x4e5f4b0): Could not parse property: PPI

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 371
vtkPVSessionCore (0x20bba50): Wrapper function not found for class "(vtk object
is NULL)".
while processing
Message 0 = Invoke
   Argument 0 = stream_value {
     Message 0 = Invoke
       Argument 0 = id_value {1}
       Argument 1 = string_value {GetVTKObject}
       Argument 2 = uint32_value {4037}
     }
   Argument 1 = string_value {Initialize}
   Argument 2 = int32_value {4037}

ERROR: In
/HA/sources/begou/PARAVIEW/build-thor/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 372
vtkPVSessionCore (0x20bba50): Aborting execution for debugging purposes.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tryed to google the error message, but did not get any solution.

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |