[Paraview] Dropping Qt 4 support from ParaView 5.5 onwards

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jun 6 12:44:40 EDT 2017

+1.
  Also I would vote to jump all the way to Qt 5.9 since it is a LTS
release and you can stabilize on Qt 5.9 for the next 3 years at least
where as Qt 5.6 is only supported in a security bug fix from here on for
another 2 years. I don't think Qt is going to add support for newer
operating systems so if something breaks on newer releases of macOS or
Windows Qt made it sound like they would not fix Qt 5.6

--
Michael A. Jackson
BlueQuartz Software, LLC
[e]: mike.jackson at bluequartz.net