[Paraview] Paraview Live Visualisation C++ Pipeline

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Jan 26 10:22:03 EST 2017

Hi,

Currently the Live functionality only works when ParaView is built with
Python bindings. My suggestion would be to build ParaView yourself. That
should be much easier than trying to put in a C++ pipeline that can deal
with the Live functionality properly.

As for building ParaView, you may want to look into using the ParaView
Superbuild (https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/) which
will also build all needed dependencies. The dependencies are probably all
there though since you've said that ParaView is already installed there.

I'm not sure the set up you're looking for but if you want to run with the
simulation+Catalyst linking to a parallel pvserver on the cluster which
then connects to a client, you may want to use ParaView master. The reason
for this is that there was a bug that had all of the simulation+Catalyst
nodes only being able to communicate with a single pvserver node (multiple
pvserver processes though). If you only want to connect the
simulation+Catalyst to the GUI client or pvserver processes on a single
node then 5.2 should work fine for you.

Best,
Andy