[Paraview] Floating point exception when using "Interpret Values As Categories"

philipp jung philippjung2010 at live.de
Tue Jan 17 11:52:32 EST 2017

Dear Paraview Team,

I am currently working on a custom plugin which returns Polydata with an
attached UnsignedCharArray as respective categories for all points.  I
want to map these categories to colors using the "Interpret Values As
Categories" feature. When I enable "Interpret Values As Categories"
paraview immediately crashes with "Floating point exception (core
dumped)" as console output. I tried using the feature with a couple
other datasets (netCDF-format) and got the same result.

I am using paraview version 5.2.0-RC3-22-g3fca33d 64bit on Ubuntu 16.04.

Any indication what might be causing this behavior is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Philipp Jung