[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Decode a vtu file

Mark Olesen Mark.Olesen at esi-group.com
Mon Jan 16 01:45:08 EST 2017

Hi Andi,

The document that Ken referenced (pg 15 onwards are what you need) are actually enough. However if I understand correctly, you probably just want a really quick solution and don't want to wade through all the details. My suggestion would be to load your file in paraview and then re-save it from there.

File > Save Data: vtm/vtp/vtu ...

You should get a "Configure Writer" dialog. Select the appropriate data mode (ASCII, unencoded) and this should give you really quick insight into the contents in an easily readable form.

Cheers,
/mark