[Paraview] vtkSocketCommunicator (0x9be6300): Could not receive tag. 1

Mehrdad Yousefi yousefi at g.clemson.edu
Fri Jan 13 15:22:43 EST 2017

Hi,

I compiled ParaView 5.2 on our cluster from source and also have a binary
package of ParaView 5.2 on my local machine. I can connect server/client
successfully but when I try to open a file I get this error:

[yousefi at node2010 ~]$ mpirun -np 24 ./ParaView-build/bin/pvserver -display
localhost:11111
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cs://node2010:11111
Accepting connection(s): node2010:11111
Client connected.
ERROR: In
/home/yousefi/ParaView/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 809
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x9be6300): Could not receive tag. 1

Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...
Exiting...

So this error is very strange. Anyone can help me?!

Mehrdad Yousefi
PhD Candidate
Clemson University