[Paraview] Custom filter - coloring multi-block dataset

Bob Flandard bflandard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 06:23:29 EST 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the *.cpd xml file (or other technique) of a custom
filter so that the resulting multi-block geometry has a specific color (and
opacity) applied to each block, and the "Coloring" in the "Display
(GeometryRepresentation) is set to "Solid Color" rather than
"vtkBlockColors"?

The output from my custom filter has quite a few blocks that would each
require the color/opacity to be set manually using the multi-block viewer.

I thought of calling the custom filter from a Python macro, but when
tracing the action of changing the colors and opacity via the multi-block
viewer, nothing is recorded in the trace.

Thanks, Bob