[Paraview] Problem with WriteAnimation in a python file silently failing under pvbatch but working when called with pvpython (UNCLASSIFIED)

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jan 10 09:52:20 EST 2017

Hi Joe,

I haven't seen this issue or heard anyone else with something like this.
Are you running pvbatch in serial? If you share a python script which
demonstrates the issue it may be an easy issue to track down.

There are some slight differences between pvpython and pvbatch. My guess
would be that it's due to pvbatch initializing mpi while pvpython does not
by default. You could try running pvpython with the --mpi option to see if
having it initialize pvpython gives you the same behavior. Also you could
try -dr to disable the registry (i.e. config settings) to see if that makes
a difference.

Cheers,
Andy