[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] OSRay and shadows

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jan 6 08:49:24 EST 2017

Bob,

There is no control for that just yet. Work is in progress to provide the
full complement of light controls. If you are working in builting mode, you
can resort to python as follows.

lights = GetActiveView().GetRenderer().GetLights()
for i in range(0, lights.GetNumberOfItems()):
   lights.GetItemAsObject(i).SetLightTypeToSceneLight()

Note: the light position bug in 5.1 that Alan was referring to had the
effect of making making the light positions fixed (scene lights in vtk
terms). In 5.2 that was corrected and now they are camera relative lights
that move with the viewer as they do with GL rendering.

hope that helps

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer