[Paraview] plugins with 5.2

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jan 4 11:54:18 EST 2017

Burlen,

Looking at the code, the problem is not with the plugin (or
add_paraview_plugin), which indeed add the dependency as appropriate,
the issue is in io/CMakeLists.txt [1]. When you use VTK_LIBRARIES,
you're linking against all VTK modules and its dependencies, which is
really an over kill. Instead, change to using COMPONENTS for the
find_package(VTK ..) or find_package(ParaView...) calls e.g. [2].

Utkarsh

[1] https://github.com/LBL-EESA/TECA/blob/master/io/CMakeLists.txt#L34-L42
[2] https://gitlab.kitware.com/sensei/sensei-pub/blob/master/sensei/CMakeLists.txt#L78-86