[Paraview] Animating a function of a field

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 3 14:25:01 EST 2017

Aleksejs,

Using brute strength and awkwardness, three conditions are needed:

(1) if your datum set is defined as f(x,y,z,t) & g(x,y,z,t),

(2) if both f(.) and g(.) are either cell values or point values, and

(3) if the variable 'time(.)' has been explicitly added as a datum set
item (a name and a value),

then add PV's Calculator Filter to the pipeline where 'results' is
replaced by 'h' and the equation is set as f*sin(time)+g*cos(time).

After selecting the 'APPLY' button, 'h(.) will be added to your datum-set.

(To the best my knowledge, 'time' is not available in the PV Calculator
filter.)

Sam Key