[Paraview] animation: files, pgmable source

Heiland, Randy heiland at iu.edu
Fri Dec 8 11:22:18 EST 2017

No, no, I’m sure it’s *me* who’s confused.  I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. Are you suggesting keeping the (full) range of timesteps in my script and then, somehow, only render the one of interest? If so, that would be great, except the way things are currently working for me, after loading the .pvsm initially, it renders the first requested tilmestep, but I cannot just enter a desired timestep value into the “Time” widget field. I can only single step through them via the up/down arrow widget.

Not sure if it’s related, but after loading the state file, in the Output Messages, I get the following error/warning, even though it does render the first one properly:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 20, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 34, in RequestInformation
TypeError: arguments do not match any overloaded methods
------- time=  100.0
fname= /Users/heiland/git/PhysiCell/run2_cancer_immune/output00000100_cells_physicell
num_cells_possible = 38080
num_cells = 38080

I’ve attached my Programmable Source Script and Script(RequestInfo), fwiw. Line 34 of RequestInfo is the very last line in that script.
output.GetInformation().Set(output.DATA_TIME_STEP(), req_time)

thanks!
Randy