[Paraview] animation: files, pgmable source

Heiland, Randy heiland at iu.edu
Wed Dec 6 11:15:24 EST 2017

I’m probably missing a basic concept and hoping someone can enlighten me. I have a pipeline with a Programmable Source that reads in a (non-VTK formatted) file, I process it and then I have filters in my pipeline that act on that data. I want to be able to feed multiple files to the pipeline, save images and/or create animations. I naively created a Python function in the Pgmable Source, then save the PV State to a Python script, thinking I could call the function from the end of that script. Doesn’t seem to be possible. And I confess I’ve not given this deep thought - it’s easier to ask the experts :-)  Bottom line, we want to make this as dead simple for our own users.

Fwiw, I’ve zipped up 2 files - a .pvsm and a sample data file here: http://pages.iu.edu/~heiland/physicell/pv_pcell.zip . You’d need to edit the “dir” path in the Pgmable Source.

Initially, I just want to save images/animation (over multiple files) with a fixed camera view; later, it’d be nice to have simultaneous camera movement.

thanks, Randy