[Paraview] Uncomplete display of large unstructured grid

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Sat Aug 26 08:42:26 EDT 2017

If possible can you try updating the Intel driver for your HD4000 and see
if that makes a difference?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Cornelis Bockemühl <
cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> With some self-written plugin I am generating rather large "unstructured
> grids". With a model with something more than 700'000 blocks I realized
> that on my Lenovo notebook I did not get a complete display of all the
> blocks, so I made tests with subsets of the data. It turns out that with
> less than 1000 blocks everything works fine, with 20'000 blocks there are
> already some "reductions" and finally with the full model even more: see
> the attached Powerpoint with screenshots (plus details about my system and
> the Paraview version).
>
> My question is now if there is possibly some kind of "graphic card
> overflow" happening? I could so far not test the software with the same
> model on another computer.
>
> And whatever the reason is: is there something that I can do about it?
>
> It is to say that the unstructured grid is a bit "unconventional" by the
> fact that often adjacent blocks do not have common edges and points,
> sharing thus only common partial faces. With this one possibility would be
> that Paraview cannot properly carry out certain optimizations that are
> relying on the fact that neighbor blocks "normally" (??) share a face,
> edges and points. However I do not know whether this is an issue or not!?
> In this case it might be an option to change the entire data set to a set
> of just cubes that happen to touch each other.
>
> Regards, Cornelis
>
> --
> Cornelis Bockemühl
> Basel, Schweiz

> opensource/opensource.html

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.