[Paraview] Removing wire frame from Ensight Gold Case Data format

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 02:01:53 EDT 2017

Hello.
Yes, there is a problem that exported CGNS doesnt consist BCs. So I create
slices at appropriate positions limiting their span with Threshold filter
by coordiates if needed. Another problem with BCs is that even if you have
surfaces there may be very limited variables so you cannot average by mass
flow that is absolutely unaccaptable. With slices you have all variables
that are difined in fluid domain. More suitable and simple way is using CFD
Post but it will consume a license. So I often postprocess "visual
features" in ParaView and use CFD Post's Function Calculator for averaging,
mass flow calculation on boundaries e.t.c. To my knowledge, there is no
such functionality in ParaView (various types of averaging, convenient BC
support, convenient multi-variant support, for example, if you need to open
3 separate cases and compute 10 quantities for each case, CFD Post will be
one of best choices). But, apart from consuming a license, CFD Post is not
so "feature-loaded" as ParaView. There is no Python Shell and only basic
tools in CFD Post so use what is more appropriate for particular usecases.
The thing that is called post processor in Fluent cannot be described in
good words and easily can hang. Don't use it if you can. CFD Post and
ParaView compared to this thing in Fluent are unrealistic good!