[Paraview] Removing wire frame from Ensight Gold Case Data format

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 02:02:12 EDT 2017

Hello, Niaz.
I also noticed the same problem in some cases with export from Fluent. I
suspect that Fluent write files incorrectly, as if every cell was a
separate domain. It explains why ParaView becomes very slow with such files
and why we cannot remove mesh lines from representation. Sorry, cannot
suggest something useful, because didn't remember details. Maybe exporting
in CGNS or changing export options will help. Or, maybe, providing a sample
dataset to ParaView developers will help them to identify the problem and
introduce some tweak/workaround in reader.

Actually, there are various problems with exporting from Fluent and CFX in
neutral formats. Apart from the bug you mentioned, ParaView (4.3, 5.0, 5.2
for Win64) cannot open CGNS files written by CFX 18.0 Solver Manager: there
are no variables in list (I tweaked export settings without effect). At the
same time, it reads successfully CGNS written by CFX 14.5 Solver Manager.