[Paraview] [Issue] Connecting multiple pvpython scripts simultaneously

Mariam mbahameish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:56:52 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am using the collaboration module in pvpython to connect 30 clients to pvserver.

However, when a certain number of clients are connected (13 or 14), the system crashes and it is not able to accept more clients. I receive the following error in the server side:

vtkPVAlgorithmPortsInformation: Could not downcast vtkAlgorithm.

The setup that I would like to achieve is:

-          PVServer - running in parallel (with MPI)

-          ParaView GUI - establishes a connection and load the model/ create a source

-          30 pvpython clients connected to the server in the collaboration mode (sharing the same session of ParaView GUI) but each with different camera configuration.

I tried to control the time of establishing the connection of each client, then I was able to increase the number of connected clients to 20 (max).

Could anyone provide any tips or guidance? Or is this technically not doable?

Today, I came across this article: https://blog.kitware.com/beat-the-heat-by-freezing-python-in-paraview/

Could that be a possible contribution to the issue of launching multiple pvpython scripts?

Let me know if you require any further details.

Regards,