[Paraview] Python not found in paraview-superbuild cmake

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Apr 18 09:32:39 EDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:57:49 +0200, Patrick Begou wrote:
> I've posted this email last week but I did not reveive it via the list. May be a
> mistake of myself. I appologize if some one reveive it twice.
>
> I'm trying to compile Paraview 5.3 on CentOS6 because I use a modified OpenMPI
> version witch is interfaced with my batch scheduler.
> I've started with :
> I've installed cmake-3.8.0 (in /opt) as CentOS cmake is only 2.8.12... it works
> I've installed python 3.6 in /opt as CentOS6 python is only 2.6.6, and numpy,
> matplotlib... it works

The superbuild is only tested with Python 2.7 at the moment; Python3 is
planned, but isn't something that I'd be able to get to until later in
the year at the earliest. There should be an SCL for CentOS which
contains python27:

    https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL

which should work (we use it to build our binaries).

--Ben