[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Building Paraview with OSMESA

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Wed Sep 14 13:44:27 EDT 2016

Thanks Rick!

I’m running OpenSuse 13.2 64bit. I’m not explicitly starting a pvserver, because I’m running one of the C++ Catalyst examples, which is located at ParaView/Examples/Catalyst/CxxFullExample. That is mainly what is confusing me. I’m not sure if I built ParaView with osMesa incorrectly, or if that Catalyst example is somehow just telling ParaView ‘Hey, don’t use the offscreen rendering stuff, just go ahead and keep rendering to the screen.”

I’m thinking that I should be able to test the offscreen rendering capability independently of that Catalyst example by generating a Python trace of a pipeline that creates an image output, and the running it with a command like:
pvserver –use-offscreen-rendering TestScript.py