[Paraview] Questions about XMF - 3DCoRectMesh

Lúcio Corrêa labcorrea at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:28:54 EDT 2016

Hi everbody,

I have a stupid question about the XMF - 3DCoRectMesh...

I tried to build an "extruded rectangle" using this function (I attached
the files).

I asked for a 6 by 16 by 46 elements as you can see in the XMF file...

     <Topology TopologyType="3DCoRectMesh" Dimensions="7 17 47"/>
     <Geometry GeometryType="ORIGIN_DXDYDZ">
   <DataItem Name="origin" Format="XML" DataType="Float" Precision="8"
Dimensions="3">
             -0.6000000000
             -1.6000000000
             -4.6000000000

but when I open in Paraview (4.3.1 and 5.1.2) I found a 46 by 16 by 6
elements...

I tried also to look in: VTK/ThirdParty/xdmf3/vtkxdmf3/XdmfRegularGrid.cpp,
but I didn't found the reason to Paraview "change" the X axis by the Z axis.

Someone found the same thing? Or, where I made a mistake?

Regards,
--
Lucio