[Paraview] Data handling in ParaView

Stefan.Melber at dlr.de Stefan.Melber at dlr.de
Thu Sep 1 11:43:57 EDT 2016

Hi Samuel,

ok - interresting idea. I will check out what finally performs better. However - as my tests with the multible block format in vtk (using one binary file for each cell) show, that the handling of more then about 10k files is really a mess. For my final case i will have around 100M cells - means theoretically 100M files - and this can be a real problem for the filesystem and for paraview ...

Best regards,

     Stefan