[Paraview] Data handling in ParaView

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 1 09:54:49 EDT 2016

Stefan,

The idea of identifying each "cell" by a scalar value should work just fine and be scalable.

However, I do not understand what the issue is that the n-th cell's last point is connected to the n+1-th cell's first point. If there is no connection. I honestly do not see anything wrong with the pictures you posted except that in d4.png it looks like the lines of some "cells" are drawn on top of other lines. But that is exactly what I would expect if the cells are adjacent to each other, which I would also expect.

The only advice I can think of is to define the scalar values on the triangles (what ParaView calls cells) instead of the points. This will generally be more robust.

-Ken