[Paraview] Generating pathlines with randomized re-injection source points

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:49:30 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was already a straight-forward way to generate
pathlines in Paraview with particles re-injected from random points.

To clarify, when producing pathlines, I use the following tree:

Dataset
> Masked Points
> Particle Tracer (Input = Dataset, Source = Masked Points)
> Temporal Particles to Pathlines

Masked Points will provide me a random set of source points, but as far as
I know, these source points remain the same for all time.  However, I would
like to inject new particles from different source points for each
re-injection.

I know there's also a MaskPoints setting in the Temporal Particles to
Pathlines filter, but I'm not sure if the source points get randomized in
time or if it simply acts the same as the MaskedPoints filter.

Thanks,
Evan Kao