[Paraview] Project polygon onto surface

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Tue Oct 25 10:01:41 EDT 2016

Is there a way to project a 2D, or 3D polygon onto a surface.
Specifically I have some elevation data, that is displaying fine.  But the data has a lot of vertical variation.  I have a polygon that represents the boundaries of different regions.  So, the polygon is effectively 2D.  Although, I can give it a 3D values as well.
The difficulty is that I can know the elevation of the corners, but the lines between those corners often drop "underground".
So I would like to project the 2D (or 3D) polygon region onto the 3D ground elevation.
You can think of this as having a topo map and I want to show the lines around an individual piece of property.
Is there a filter that can do this?

Thanks,

--Adam