[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Fri May 27 14:42:09 EDT 2016

Utkarsh - thanks for the info.  I believe that you’re right that the build
didn’t go as intended.
________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
Date: Friday, May 27, 2016 at 2:37 PM
To: Rick Angelini <Richard.C.Angelini.CIV at mail.mil>
Cc: ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Paraview] 5.0.1/Exodus Reader

> Yep - we built the HPC-side with “OpenGL2” … so does that mean that the
> pre-built Mac/Linux binaries were both built with OpenGL?    Is there
>some
> way to check to see which OpenGL the client was built with?

The binaries distributed by paraview.org are indeed OpenGL2. The title
bar for ParaView 5.0.1 says "(Legacy Rendering Backend)" when using
"OpenGL". Given the error, I think your server is not built with
OpenGL2, despite your intention. Can you check your CMakeCache.txt on
the server build to confirm?

Utkarsh