[Paraview] Spanwise averaging onto a slice

Gallagher, Timothy P tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Wed May 18 11:27:18 EDT 2016

I'm fairly sure this has been discussed somewhere before, but my search engine skills are failing me right now.

I would like to take the spanwise average of a 3D dataset to create a 2D plane of the averaged data. In my case, things are (relatively) friendly -- it's a channel with a uniform, structured mesh in the Z direction and I would like to average the data in Z to create an X-Y plane of the averaged data. What complicates it for me is that it is a multiblock dataset with multiple blocks in that spanwise direction.

Is there a filter or set of filters that would compute the spanwise average and return a slice as a result?

Thanks,

Tim