[Paraview] SyntaxError reported parsing Python Calculator ?

Dean Neumann dwneumann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:38:59 EDT 2016

on my paraview 5.0.1 64-bit on Windows-7
(from precompiled distribution at paraview.org)

What is the reason that I get the following errors when instantiating a
Python Calculator filter on a single input of type UnstructuredGrid:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 4, in <module>

File "C:\Program
Files\ParaView\lib\paraview-5.0\site-packages\paraview\calculator.py", line
102, in execute

retVal = compute(inputs, expression, ns=variables)

File "C:\Program
Files\ParaView\lib\paraview-5.0\site-packages\paraview\calculator.py", line
74, in compute

retVal = eval(expression, globals(), mylocals)

File "<string>", line 0

^

SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing

What is being parsed?   The filter input is an internal paraview data set.
The input was active at the time the filter was instantiated.  The error
occurs as soon as the filter is selected and added to the pipeline.
I can attach the input dataset if requested.
Thanks.

Dean Neumann

CEO,  Malaspina Labs Inc.

www.malaspina-labs.com