[Paraview] Transparent background in python scripts

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:03:32 EDT 2016

Hi!

How can I save screenshots with a transparent (alpha channel based)
background from a python script?

Currently, I'm using this command to save screenshots:
> SaveScreenshot('image.png', magnification=3, view=renderView)
But this does not write the alpha channel information.

Using "File/ Save Screenshot" in the Paraview GUI, the screenshots
have the alpha channel information saved correctly when I setting "Edit/
Settings/ General/ Transparent Background".

I'm using ParaView 5.0.1 on a 64bit Linux workstation with the latest
Nvidia driver (367.27).

-Armin