[Paraview] Contours of integer array

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jul 11 09:13:18 EDT 2016

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael <
m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> ah, ok. However, in this case I’m wondering what I am doing wrong here: If
> I use the Extract Region Surface filter, my dataset looks just like before.
> Do I need to create an array with a certain name that contains the
> information on which the regions are extracted? And does this work also for
> 2D (unstructured grid with vtkQuads) or only in 3D?

You don't need a particular named array, but you do need to change the
"Region Array Name" from "material" to
"name-or-your-cell-aligned-integer-valued-material-array".

Darn. Looks like there is a bug somewhere in
vtkDataSetRegionSurfaceFilter's treatment of 2D cells. Please file a bug
report and reference this conversation in the report to help reproduce.

In the attached state file, change Mandelbrot1's extent from 0,25 0,25,
0,25 to 0,25 0,25, 0,0 to demonstrate.

> Sorry for being so slow :-/

Not at all.