[Paraview] pvpython and vtk classes and functions to create objects

Rodrigo Pelorosso rodrigo.pelorosso at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:04:52 EDT 2016

Thank you for your answer Utkash!

In this context, what is the texturePlane variable? Also, how can I add the
created plane with texture to the pipeline?

Is there any documentation on these functions or the interaction between
VTK and ParaView?  I'd like to try to figure out how to do what I want to
do without having to bother you guys on the list.

Thank you!
Rodrigo

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <
utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Yes, you just need to import the appropriate module in python.
> e.g.
>
>  @exportRpc("my.test.rpc")
>     def myTestRPCFunction(self):
>
>         from paraview.vtk.vtkIOImage import vtkImageReader2Factory
>         reader = vtkImageReader2Factory.CreateImageReader(filename)
>
>         from paraview.vtk.vtkFiltersTexture import vtkTextureMapToPlane
>         texturePlane.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort())

>         return 0
>
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Rodrigo Pelorosso
> <rodrigo.pelorosso at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is there a way to use python VTK functions and classes in paraview?  I'm
> > using paraview through paraviewweb and I've created an RPC that I can
> call
> > from the client to run paraview python code:
> >
> > @exportRpc("my.test.rpc")
> >     def myTestRPCFunction(self):
> >         return 0
> >
> > I would like to create, inside this RPC, a plane with a texture applied.
> > Searching the mailing list I found this thread,
> >
> > https://cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-April/020848.html
> >
> > were someone's trying to accomplish this from a reader written in C++,
> but I
> > would really like to do something like that inside my RPC, is that
> possible?
> >
> > Thank you!
> > Rodrigo

> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Nusive || Software Development and IT solutions
www.nusive.com