[Paraview] Paraview compatibility questions

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Jul 26 09:47:41 EDT 2016

I'm pretty sure it will not work with the new OpenGL2 backend, it may work
with the old OpenGL backend as microsoft provides a software implementation
of opengl 1.4 with their OSs. That card is not really intended for graphics
so the rendering performance may be a bit slow.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Craig Christensen <
craig.christensen at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a fairly new user of Paraview, and have been floored at how powerful
> of a tool it is. I would like to install it on my research group's remote
> desktop; however, my colleagues in IT are not comfortable with installing
> it until I have confirmation that it is compatible with oursystem.
>
> First off, has anyone successfully installed Paraview using the Windows
> Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (Service Pack 1) operating system? If so, what
> version of Paraview was installed?
>
> Second, I am having a hard time finding documentation on whether the
> remote desktop's graphics card is OpenGL compatible. Has anyone using
> Paraview had success with the Matrox G200eW 16MB DDR2 graphics card?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --------------
> *Craig W. Christensen*
> M.Sc. Candidate (Geoscience), University of Calgary
> BSc.Eng. (Geological), Queen's University at Kingston
>
> <LinkedIn <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/craig-christensen/21/240/19/en>>

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.