[Paraview] Procedure for compiling Catalyst

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Jul 25 13:16:39 EDT 2016

Hi Chris,

Catalyst is not a separate entity from ParaView. It is a subset of ParaView
that is used for *in situ *processing. The concept of the editions is that
the subset of interest differs based on the desired *in situ *processing
and linking your simulation code to all of ParaView Catalyst can take up a
significant amount of memory. Hopefully the blog post at
https://blog.kitware.com/paraview-catalyst-editions-what-are-they/ may
clear up your confusion.

Best,
Andy