[Paraview] Example of Programmable Filter that is Time aware?

Dean Neumann dwneumann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:59:59 EDT 2016

I am trying to find documentation on how to access different timesteps of
field data within a Python Programmable Filter.   (Specifically, I want to
output a vtkTable of the cross-correlation sequences of scalar field arrays
A and B over all timesteps.)

The only reference I found was this comment :

> *I suspect that one will have to add support for RequestInformation and
> RequestUpdateData to the programmable filter to support time. That's what
> we had to do in the python programmable filter we use with ParaView.*

I have found no documentation on what the 'RequestInformation' and
'RequestUpdateData'
scripts should look like, and how to use their outputs in the filter.

Can someone please post an example of a paraview Programmable Python Filter
that accesses the timesteps of field data of its inputs?

Many thanks...
Dean