[Paraview] custom filter doesn't update property in the Paraview UI

corinna reuter corinnareuter75 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 03:46:54 EDT 2016

Cory, thanks for mentioning the TIFFReader proxy. I tried to modify my
previously attached code such that the NPoints property links to a
NPointsInfo property. Plus, I have removed the call
"this->SetNPoints(nset);" inside vtkTestProperty::RequestData as suggested
by Utkarsh. The NPoints property is still showing the default "42", though,
and not initialized or updated from the number of points of the input
dataset. I am obviously missing another important step in addition to
changing the xml definitions, but which one?

Here is the detailed modification of TestProperty.xml compared to the
earlier attachment:
replace
"<IntVectorProperty name="NPoints"
                        command="SetNPoints"