[Paraview] numpy_interface/dataset_adapter append method fails on string datatypes ?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Jul 8 16:43:53 EDT 2016

Dean,

Current numpy support in VTK doesn't include string arrays, You can
overcome that as follows:

colNames = [ 'simulation', 'v0 (m/s)', 'k (%)' ]
col0     = [ 'm01-sim001', 'm01-sim002', 'm02-sim001' ]
strArray = vtk.vtkStringArray()
strArray.SetName(colNames[0])
strArray.SetNumberOfTuples(len(col0))
for i in range(len(col0)):