[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] making the leap to v5.1 on the cray

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Thu Jul 7 15:15:36 EDT 2016

Burlen - we’ve successfully built 4.x and 5.x on a number of different
Crays.   We use the Superbuild and allow ParaView to pull whatever
versions of the dependent libraries it needs and build everything on the
fly.    It looks like the recent builds used mesa-11.2.2 …..

________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

-----Original Message-----
From: ParaView <paraview-bounces at paraview.org> on behalf of Burlen Loring
<bloring at lbl.gov>
Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 2:51 PM
To: ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [Paraview] making the leap to v5.1 on the cray

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links
contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a
Web browser.

----

Hi All,

first of all, is 5.1 production ready? or is 4.4 still the way to go in
a production environment? this would be the only install available for
users so it's important that it function reliably/correctly.

re: 5.1, I'm wondering what the recommended mesa config for use with pv
5.1 on cray is?  Which version of mesa have been tested/recommended? is
open swr an option yet? or is llvmpipe still a better bet?

Thanks
Burlen