[Paraview] Probe Location

B O astronomy8n8 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 10:10:06 EDT 2016

Dear Paraview developers

I intended to plot a quantity on a certain point with exact coordinates
over the time. To do so, I assumed that I should firstly use ‘’Select
Points On ‘’option. Then, I should use the “Plot Selection Over Time” tool.
However, according to the fact that the chosen point is in the cross
section of my mesh and Paraview only allows me to choose the points on the
mesh element boundaries, I was not able to choose the exact point. As a
result, I had to use the “Probe Location” tool in order to be able to
choose the exact point. Nevertheless, I could not plot the desired quantity
over the time (For example, if I have 10000 time steps, I am able to see
the desired quantity in each time step but it is time consuming to manually
plot the raw data). I would be so pleased if you could guide me how I can
plot this quantity over the time appropriately at the desired point.

Best regards
Omid