[Paraview] ParaView 5.0.0 for Windows x64 fails to open EnSight Gold files

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 00:47:22 EST 2016

Hello. Sorry for silence, I'm usually offline on holydays, although I have
internet connection and read your mail.

Samuel Key

Thanks for your attention.

About transferring files from Linux to Windows. I use binary EnSight files
because CFX converter fails to write so large files in ASCII format. But I
tried to convert from CFX to EnSight (binary) on the same Win-7 x64 machine
with ParaView. Both installed versions (4.3 and 5.0) failed to open the
geometry (I unchecked all fields). ParaView 4.3 crashed, ParaView 5.0 just
cannot open file...

I think that the root cause may be a geometry file size. It is 4.9 GiB (5.3
GB), mesh have about 150 millions of cells, not 600 thusands like in your
case. Its possible that ParaView for Windows cannot process so large
EnSight files, although the Linux version reads in this geometry and
displays outline (swapping is so intensive so I cannot displaye something
else).