[Paraview] pvpython script to create a screen shot of a PVSM

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Mon Feb 22 11:27:26 EST 2016

Dear mailing list members,

I'm trying to write a simple pvpython script that merely takes a screen shot of
a loaded PVSM:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/ParaView_scripts/blob/master/render-view.py

However, even if a voxel dataset is displayed as a volume when loaded in PV GUI,
it does not get rendered by the script.
I've tried to explicitly set the rendering style to Volume and assigned a
OpacityTransferFunction (as told here:
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2013-November/029918.html)
Furthermore, the camera position stored in the PVSM does not seem to get loaded,
nor whether an object is hidden.
What else do I need to do in the script to get PV GUI behaviour?

Also, what to do about this warning:
vtkSMProxyIterator (0x61ef820): ProxyManager is not set. Can not perform
operation: Begin()

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-2900