[Paraview] Question about probe point data

曹智选 hitcaozx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:30:27 EST 2016

 Hello,
Even though I am able to obtain some data by first generating grid using
"Delaunay3D" and then adding "Probe Location". But the problem is that
these data that I obtained are questionable.
For example,
The coordinates of probe points is:
-64 0 15 while the coordinate  property (paraview treats all data including
property data like velocity, density and coordinate as field data)
interpolated based on probe location and grids that was generated is:
119 0 945
They are obviously different. I am not sue whether the "probed" value are
values at the probe location computed by interpolation or not?  It seems
that the interpolation is did in a incorrect way and gives me some
questionable data.

Is it possible that I can add probe locations without grids (the probe
would be interpolation purely based on point data) and define my own way of
interpolation, For example I can define kernel based collocation type of
interpolation. Do you think this is possible (feasible) in paraview?