[Paraview] Periodicity aware streamline?

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Feb 10 09:16:17 EST 2016

Hi Tim,

There isn't any such functionality that exists directly in PV like this. A
long way of doing this may be:

   - StreamTracer for first set of streamlines
   - Use threshold or cut filter to get last points before they exit the
   domain
   - Use the Transform filter to move these points to the entrance of the
   domain on the other periodic side
   - StreamTracer with Custom source using Transform filter as source to
   continue the streamlines
   - Calculator filter to adjust IntegrationTime and other field values (if
   this is important you'll probably need to do this one streamline at a time).

This may get a bit sloppy and unwieldy but that's the best way I can think
about doing what you want.

If you do this and find a better way, please let us know!

Cheers,

Andy