[Paraview] Parallel unfriendly filters?

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Tue Feb 9 09:04:41 EST 2016

> Cell Data to Point Data is the only way I know of to activate the contour
> filter for silo files.  The results are stored in cell arrays, which
> apparently don't activate the contour filter.  I stumbled upon using Cell
> Data to Point Data by accident, so if there's a better way to do this, I'm
> open to it.

I see. I would go with Ken's suggestions, then.  I would also create a new
array called  'vtkGhostType' from 'avtGhostZones'. You could do that
instead of thresholding out the ghost zones. VTK knows about vtkGhostType
name. I think you could leave those in as they should not be rendered.

You can create the new array from avtGhostZone using the Calculator filter.

Dan