[Paraview] Parallel unfriendly filters?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 8 16:08:20 EST 2016

David,

Yes, I figured that's what you meant by ghost zones. My point is that you can leave these in for the contour operation. Because you have overlapping cells, the processors on each side of the boundary will compute the same data at the boundary.

The trick is to carry avtGhostZones all the way through the calculations. If done correctly, then the surface computed by Contour will have avtGhostZones cell data, and you can strip out the ghost zones in the contour. The only caveat is to be careful with the Cell Data to Point Data filter because the avtGhostZones array will be invalid if converted from cells to points. You can tell the Cell Data to Point Data filter to just pass the cell data.

-Ken