[Paraview] mapping scalars onto surface geometry

Richardson CFD garcfd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:41:38 EST 2016

How do you map a scalar field onto a surface geometry (STL file) please?

I have a structured 3d array of values such as velocity, density,
temperature etc...
and I want to map that onto a surface geometry, such as a motorbike for
example.

I have tried the "Resample with Dataset" method,  (input=scalar field,
source=surface geometry) but I'm just getting a null field (zeros) for
whichever scalar I then select to display on the surface.

Thanks UFO-CFD
virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>