[Paraview] Change the coordinates of a 3D Point

Dinu Patirniche dinu.patirniche at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:50:28 EST 2016

Hi there,

I'm trying to change the coordinates of a 3D Point, and then visualize
it. I managed to change the coordinates of the point via:

import vtk.numpy_interface.dataset_adapter as dsa
pointSource1.UpdatePipeline()
rawData = servermanager.Fetch(pointSource1)
data = dsa.WrapDataObject(data)
data.Points[0][0] = 10

This sets the X-coordinate of the first point in the list to 10. Now,
if I open a spreadsheet view, upon updating  the pipeline, I can see
the manually set value in the table. But in the render-view, the point
stays in the same place. This changes, when I try select the point,
which immediately goes to the right place. Once I cancel the
selection, everything goes back to the original configuration. Also in
the information panel, the span along the X-axes doesn't change during
this whole process at all.

Does anyone know what I have to call, in order to make that change effective?

Thanks,
Dinu