[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Building on Cray systems

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Thu Feb 4 08:54:08 EST 2016

Tim - I've already built ParaView on all of these systems - there are
modules available to load various version of Paraview.    If you need to do
your own builds to support specific functionality - I can provide you the
build scripts we use on those systems.

-----Original Message-----
From: ParaView [mailto:paraview-bounces at paraview.org] On Behalf Of Tim
Gallagher
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:25 AM
To: paraview <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [Paraview] Building on Cray systems

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained
within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web
browser.

----

Hi everybody,

I'm about to endeavor on the always fun process of building Paraview on Cray
systems, specifically Copper (ERDC), Garnet (ERDC) and Excalibur (ARL).
Little is ever easy on these systems and I've never succeeded at building
paraview on them in the past. However, we want to run with co-processing on
the compute nodes and so it's time to try again.

I saw there are some build scripts in the ParaviewSuperbuild for Cray
systems. Does anybody know of any documentation or examples on how to use
them? What dependencies do I need to build using the superbuild and what can
I use that is already on the system? For example -- python, HDF5, zlib, etc
are all available, but do I need to build my own versions?

Is it possible to build just Paraview (not using the superbuild) using the
system-installed modules? Does the FREEZE_PYTHON option work or help
eliminate the issues of running on the compute nodes?

If anybody has any advice on the best way to go, I would greatly appreciate
it. We need to have python, co-processing, and off-screen rendering enabled;
otherwise, it's just the standard build options.

Thanks!

Tim