[Paraview] ... not yet supported for more than 2147483647 bytes.

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Dec 19 17:17:45 EST 2016

There are two parts to this issue. The first is that that
vtkMPICommunicator for PV 4.3.1 won't communicate data that is over 2^31
bytes of data. This is fixed in PV 5.2. The other issue is due to MPI
having a limit of 2^31 objects to be communicated in a single shot. This is
MPI's API in that the count for objects that are typically sent/received is
an int. See  http://www.mpich.org/static/docs/v3.1/www3/MPI_Send.html for
example.