[Paraview] Rendering Backend OpenGL2 & PV 5.2.0-RC4 & SurfaceLic --> Problem...

Andy Smith agsmith424 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:00:22 EST 2016

Stefan,

I am testing out 5.2.0 with offscreen rendering and have observed similar
results.  My version built with OpenGL2 is slightly faster than the OpenGL
version for non surface LIC operations, but massively slower when using
Surface LIC.

Comparing back to version 4.4.0, version 5.2.0 with OpenGL2 is faster for
non-Surface LIC operations but much slower for surface LIC.  In fact when
using Surface LIC, version 4.4.0 is faster then 5.2.0 with OpenGL.

My test case involves creating a slice in an unstructured dataset and
sweeping this slice in one direction taking multiple snapshots.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this subject than me has some ideas
on the problem and how to address it.

-Andy